Like Islandsphilippines.com/Bacolod on Facebook
Bacolod City Island Philippines
"Getting Around in Bacolod City"
Making the rounds of the city could be an exciting adventures for any traveler or guest who comes to Bacolod, especially first timers who want to know which places to go for rest and relaxation, leisure, entertainment and a whole lot more activities in store for them.
We have a basic list of offices where you can inquire for assistance, business and commercial establishments, hotels and restaurants, as well as contact numbers for emergency assistance.
- FAMOUS ATTRACTIONS -
* Garden Ploys and Landscapes (Cleanest and Greenest Highly Urbanized City in the Philippines, 1997, 1998, 200)
* Provincial Capitol Building
* Eco-Garden (Eroreco)
* Biodiversity Conservation Center for Negros Forests and Ecological Foundations, Inc.
* Casino Filipino Hotel
* Sta. Fe Resort and Restaurant
* Palmas Del Mar Village and Beach Club
* Bacolod Pavillon Resort and Restaurant
* Bacolod Entertainment DEPO
* Group K Entertainment Complex
* Kindlecraft Candles and Ceramics, Brgy. Mandalagan
* Bacolod Shellcraft and Artwares, Brgy. Singcang
* Pottery Village, Brgy. Pahanocoy
* Anaware Ceramics, Hilado Extension
* The Negros Showroom, Association of Negros Producers, Lacson Street
* San Antonio Abad Church
* St. Jude Thaddeus Shrine, Brgy. Alijis
* Barangay sang Virgen Chapel, Sta. Clara Subd.
*Centennial Bells, San Sebastian Cathedral
*San Sebastian Cathedral
*Theodore Vinther Monument / Unknown Soldiers Monument, Bacolod Public Plaza
*Bacolod Plaza Bandstand
*Rizal Elementary School Park
*Fort San Juan, Gatuslao-Burgos Sts.
*"Ang Paghimud-os" statues, Capitol Lagoon
*Provincial Capitol Park and Lagoon
*The Negros Museum, Old Capitol Building
*Old Provincial Capitol Building
*Buro-Buro and Bucal-bucal Springs
*Mt. Kanla-on Natural Park
*Negros Occidental Sports and Recreational Park ( Panaad Stadium) Brgy. Mansilingan
*Iron Dinosaurs (vintage stream locomotives), La Herencia Entrance and Bacolod Murcia Milling Co. compound
*Bacolod Golf and Country Club and (Marapara), Brgy. Bata
*Negros Occidental Golf and Country Club (Hacienda Binitin), Murcia
*Cockbreeding farms and cockfighting arenas
Source : BacolodCity.Gov.Ph
He travels the fastest who travels alone. Rudyard Kipling
The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. Gilbert K. Chesterton
Northern Philippine Cuisine
For festive occasions, people band together and prepare more sophisticated dishes. Tables are often laden with expensive and labor-intensive treats requiring hours of preparation. In Filipino celebrations, lechón (also spelled litson) serves as the centerpiece of the dinner table. It is usually a whole roasted pig, but suckling pigs (lechonillo, or lechon de leche) or cattle calves (lechong baka) can also be prepared in place of the popular adult pig.
More details at Northern Philippine Cuisine
Travel and sleep in the 5 biggest hotels in the world
Does size really matter? For food, it really does. The bulky it looks, the fuller you may become. Well, not at all times, right? There are these small yet heavy-for-the-stomach foods. For things, size is not really a big deal. Nowadays, the smaller your gadgets are, the hippest they may be. For people, the smaller you are, the more adorable you can be. For hotels? IT DOES. Travel and sleep in the 5 biggest hotels in the world