Like Islandsphilippines.com/Bacolod on Facebook
Bacolod City Island Philippines
"Getting Around in Bacolod City"
Making the rounds of the city could be an exciting adventures for any traveler or guest who comes to Bacolod, especially first timers who want to know which places to go for rest and relaxation, leisure, entertainment and a whole lot more activities in store for them.
We have a basic list of offices where you can inquire for assistance, business and commercial establishments, hotels and restaurants, as well as contact numbers for emergency assistance.
- FAMOUS ATTRACTIONS -
* Garden Ploys and Landscapes (Cleanest and Greenest Highly Urbanized City in the Philippines, 1997, 1998, 200)
* Provincial Capitol Building
* Eco-Garden (Eroreco)
* Biodiversity Conservation Center for Negros Forests and Ecological Foundations, Inc.
* Casino Filipino Hotel
* Sta. Fe Resort and Restaurant
* Palmas Del Mar Village and Beach Club
* Bacolod Pavillon Resort and Restaurant
* Bacolod Entertainment DEPO
* Group K Entertainment Complex
* Kindlecraft Candles and Ceramics, Brgy. Mandalagan
* Bacolod Shellcraft and Artwares, Brgy. Singcang
* Pottery Village, Brgy. Pahanocoy
* Anaware Ceramics, Hilado Extension
* The Negros Showroom, Association of Negros Producers, Lacson Street
* San Antonio Abad Church
* St. Jude Thaddeus Shrine, Brgy. Alijis
* Barangay sang Virgen Chapel, Sta. Clara Subd.
*Centennial Bells, San Sebastian Cathedral
*San Sebastian Cathedral
*Theodore Vinther Monument / Unknown Soldiers Monument, Bacolod Public Plaza
*Bacolod Plaza Bandstand
*Rizal Elementary School Park
*Fort San Juan, Gatuslao-Burgos Sts.
*"Ang Paghimud-os" statues, Capitol Lagoon
*Provincial Capitol Park and Lagoon
*The Negros Museum, Old Capitol Building
*Old Provincial Capitol Building
*Buro-Buro and Bucal-bucal Springs
*Mt. Kanla-on Natural Park
*Negros Occidental Sports and Recreational Park ( Panaad Stadium) Brgy. Mansilingan
*Iron Dinosaurs (vintage stream locomotives), La Herencia Entrance and Bacolod Murcia Milling Co. compound
*Bacolod Golf and Country Club and (Marapara), Brgy. Bata
*Negros Occidental Golf and Country Club (Hacienda Binitin), Murcia
*Cockbreeding farms and cockfighting arenas
Source : BacolodCity.Gov.Ph
A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. Lao Tzu
All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware. Martin Buber
Main Dishes Philippine Cuisine
Adobo is one of the most popular Filipino dishes and is considered unofficially by many as the national dish. It usually consists of pork or chicken, sometimes both, stewed or braised in a sauce usually made from vinegar, cooking oil, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns, and soy sauce. It can also be prepared "dry" by cooking out the liquid and concentrating the flavor. Bistek, also known as "Filipino beef steak," consists of thinly sliced beef marinated in soy sauce and calamansi and then fried in a skillet that is typically served with onions.
More details at Main Dishes Philippine Cuisine
Why it’s best to travel with a group?
Solitude out, socializing in… It cannot be denied that traveling is fun, fun, fun… but it is much fun if you go out on a group trip. A whole lot of excitement, bonding and adventure awaits you. A group may mean your family, circle of friends, old-high school classmates, co-workers or relatives. Whatever it is, no matter what size- it is sure to be a memorable experience to spend time somewhere new with these people. Why its best to travel with a group?