Like Islandsphilippines.com/Bacolod on Facebook
Bacolod City Island Philippines
"Cultural Tour in Bacolod City"
Tour Bacolod - 1
BACOLOD CULTURAL TOUR
- Duration: 3 hours, with option as a day tour inclusive of areas outside Bacolod City
- The tour introduces you to the City of Bacolod landmarks and points of interest.
San Sebastian Cathedral, Saint Jude Thaddeus Church, San Antonio Abad, etc.
Public Parks/ Plaza:
Bacolod City Plaza, Capitol Lagoon and Park, Pana-ad Park and Sports Stadium, Rizal Park
Negros Museum and the University of St. La Salle Museum
Malls/Department Stores for Shopping
Masks, Souvenirs and Handicrafts:
Central Market, the Showroom of the Association of Negros Producers, other handicraft and mask producers.
Antique Shops/Art Galleries
Pana-ad Park and Sports Stadium, Paglaum Sports Stadium and school-based sports center.
Golf Courses and other Sports Facilities:
Negros Occidental Golf and Country Club, Bacolod Golf and Country Club, Badminton and Tennis Courts, sports club of exclusive subdivisions (by appointment)
Government Offices and Centers:
Bacolod City Hall, Provincial Capitol, Hall of Justice, others.
Food, Restaurants and eats:
Bacolod chicken barbeque or inasal and the pala-pala restaurants are a must. Native and international cuisine are available. Fast food chains and food alleys are all over the city. Souvenir food shops sell native delicacies like piyaya and baye-baye.
Now abounds in the city. Services offered range from simple foot spa to a relaxing body scrub to healing massage, reflexology and aromatherapy.
Mansion and old houses:
Special arrangement. appointment with owners
Schools, universities and colleges that offer courses of specific interest to a particular group e.g. tourism, hotel and restaurant management.
The Negros Biodiversity and Conservative Center located within the city breeds and preserves endangered species until the animals are strong enough to be returned to their natural habitat.
1. Northern Negros tour goes to Silay City (15 kms.) for the Antillan homes or old houses and museums and delicacies. Or a ride on the old steam locomotives (by appointment and special arrangement) The City of Victorias is included for a tour of the sugar mill and a visit to the Church of the Angry Christ. (37 kms from Bacolod)
2. Southern Negros tours goes to Bago City for the silkworm farm, museum, the Rafael Salas Nature Center and the Eduardo Cojuanco Jr. Farm for the fruit orchard and cut flowers (48.5 kms from Bacolod White sand beaches, natural flora and fauna towns and cities outside Bacolod.
A Special itinerary for a specific group can be arranged depending on the time and group's preferences.
Tour Bacolod - 2
BUSINESS / INDUSTRIAL and EDUCATIONAL TOUR
Tours to various business, small and medium scale industries, hotels and restaurants, bottling companies and subdivisions can be arranged for specific students or business groups.
* Call Centers (4) and Medical Transcription College
* Bottling Companies, brewery, distillery and water refilling stations.
* Ceramics and candle making
KINDLE CRAFT FACTORY
* Central Negros Electric Cooperative, First Class hotels, Restaurants and Pensions,
* Schools, colleges and universities offering
* Courses of interest to the visitors or groups
* Food, Delicacy-making shops
Tour Bacolod - 3
AGRICULTURAL AND GAMEFOWL BREEDING FARM TOUR
Agriculture Departments of two universities offering a course in agriculture
* Cutflowers,Orchid Gardens and Organic Farms
Rene Dofitas Bloomington
Maribel Torre's Garden Treasure
The Flower Place
* Gamefowl / fighting cock farms
* Piggeries and Poultry Farms Feed mills
* Silkworm Farm and Silk Production (Bago City)
* Fishponds and Fish Drying
* Sugarcane Farms
* Rice lands
* Western Visayas Clonal Nursery
* Provincial Plant Nursery
* Vermicomposing farm
Tour Bacolod - 4
RELIGIOUS TOUR AND PILGRIMAGE
The tour and pilgrimage especially for Catholics is a walking rosary to vie churches corresponding to the five mysteries. Ideal in October as the Holy Rosary Month.
Another tour is the Way of the Cross with each station said in different churches. Tour is ideal during the Lenten Season.
For non-Catholics, the tour is a historical, cultural and artistic experience that will enhance understanding of human faith and religiosity.
* San Sebastian Cathedral- the main church' cathedral of Bacolod
* Sacred Heart /Lupit Church
* San Antonio Abad Church
* Queen of Peace
* San Nicolas de Tolentino
* Barangay sang Virgin Church
* Our Lady of Candles
* Healing mass be arranged
Tour Bacolod - 5
LGU BEST PRACTICES AND EXCELLENCE IN GOVERNANCE TOUR
Bacolod City is proud to share with other local government units certain best practices and excellence in governance which are regional and national award winners; thus this combination of an official visit and learning tour for inter and intra-regional government officials /employees.
* Courtesy call on the mayor
* Interaction with local officials
* Project Site Visits
Child Friendly Barangays
Solid Waste Management
Insumix Feeding Program
An Anvil Awardee and Regional Excellence in Governance Finalist
* Program on Persons with Disability-A Gawad Apolinario Mabini Awardee
* Employees Housing Program
* National Finalist in the Best Peace and Order Council of the Philippines
* Business, Agricultural, Religious, Cultural Tours to be arranged according to the Preferences of the group.
Tour Bacolod - 6
BACOLOD- GATEWAY TO ADVENTURE NEGROS
Bacolod as the capital city of the Province of Negros Occidental is also the gateway to ex eco-tourism tours and adventures in the northern and southern parts of the province. Explore, experience and enjoy the following:
* Mt. Kanlaon Volcano climbing, hiking or trailing ( in coordination with the Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office and LGU concerned)
* SCUBA/ deep sea diving, snorkeling, jet skiing, banana boating or simply lazing in the white sand beaches north and south of the province.
* Island hopping and island resort holiday in the northern part (80 kms. away)
* SPELUNKING or cave exploration in the caves of the Municipality of Candoni (137 kms. South) and the City of Escalante (102 kms. north)
* Mountain Resort hopping at Mambucal Resort 37 kms southeast of Bacolod and Buenos Aires Mountain Resort in Bago City, 21 kms. south.
Source : BacolodCity.Gov.Ph
Wherever you go, go with all your heart. Confucius
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. Saint Augustine
Popular catches include tilapia, catfish (hito), milkfish (bangus), grouper (lapu-lapu), shrimp (hipon), prawns (sugpo), mackerel (galunggong, hasa-hasa), swordfish, oysters (talaba), mussels (tahong), clams (halaan and tulya), large and small crabs (alimango and alimasag respectively), game fish, sablefish, tuna, cod, blue marlin, and squid/cuttlefish (both called pusit).
More details at Common dishes
Northern Philippine Cuisine
For festive occasions, people band together and prepare more sophisticated dishes. Tables are often laden with expensive and labor-intensive treats requiring hours of preparation. In Filipino celebrations, lechón (also spelled litson) serves as the centerpiece of the dinner table. It is usually a whole roasted pig, but suckling pigs (lechonillo, or lechon de leche) or cattle calves (lechong baka) can also be prepared in place of the popular adult pig.
More details at Northern Philippine Cuisine