NEGROS ORIENTAL ISLANDS PHILIPPINES
Negros Oriental Demographics
  

Negros Oriental's total population as of the 2000 census was 1,126,061, making it the 20th most populous province in the country. 34.5% of the population is concentrated in the six most populous component LGUs of Dumaguete City, Bayawan City, Tanjay City, Bais City, Canlaon City, and Guihulngan. The province's average population density is 208 persons per km², lower than the national average of 276 persons per km². Population growth per year is about 2.11%, higher than the national average of 1.92%.



Cebuano is the main language of the province, spoken by 95% of the population. Hiligaynon is spoken by the remaining 5%, and is common in areas close to the border with Negros Occidental. Filipino and English are generally understood, and are used for official, literary, and educational purposes.

Christianity is the predominant religion in the province with Roman Catholicism as the biggest single denomination. Other denominations include mainline and evangelical Protestant groups, the Iglesia Ni Cristo, the Seventh-day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses and the Aglipayan Church, also known as the Philippine Independent Church. Adherents of Islam and Buddhism constitute a minority of the population.



Travel Quotes:

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. Marcel Proust

Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. Mary Ritter Beard

Pulutan Philippines Cuisine

Pulutan (from the Filipino word pulutin which literally means "something that is picked up") is a term roughly analogous to the English term "finger food". Originally, it was a snack accompanied with liquor or beer but has found its way into Philippine cuisine as appetizers or, in some cases, main dishes, as in the case of sisig.

More details at Pulutan Philippines Cuisine

Negros Oriental Travel Informations
- History of Negros Oriental - Negros Oriental Geography - Negros Oriental Demographics - Negros Oriental Education - Negros Oriental Economy - Negros Oriental Culture - Negros Oriental Political Subdivision - Negros Oriental Transportation -
Negros Oriental Tourism
- Negros Oriental Festivals - Negros Oriental Historical Sites - Negros Oriental Cultural Sites - Negros Oriental Natural Wonders - Negros Oriental Religious Sites - Negros Oriental Man-Made Attractions - Negros Oriental Special Interest -

Negros Oriental Islands Philippines

Negros Oriental Hotels & Resorts Accommodation

Like IslandsPhilippines.com on Facebook</p></td>
          <td valign=
Islands Philippines

Website Visitors by Country


Luzon Philippines Area
Baguio Philippines, Banaue Philippines, Bataan Philippines, Batangas Philippines, Cavite Philippines, La Union Philippines, Laguna Philippines, Laoag Philippines, Makati Philippines, Manila Philippines, Mindoro Philippines, Ortigas Philippines, Pagudpod Hotels (Ilocos), Palawan Philippines, Pampanga Philippines, Pangasinan Philippines, Puerto Galera Philippines, Quezon City Philippines, Subic Philippines, Tagaytay Philippines, Tarlac Philippines

Visayas Philippines Area
Bacolod Philippines, Bohol Philippines, Boracay Philippines, Cebu Philippines, Guimaras Philippines, Iloilo Philippines, Leyte Philippines, Negros Philippines

Mindanao Philippines Area
Cagayan de Oro Philippines, Davao Philippines, Zamboanga Philippines


Like Us on Facebook

Like IslandsPhilippines.com on Facebook

Islands Philippines

Website Visitors by Country


Other Philippines Resources: Philippines Travel Agents & Philippines Tour Operators, Philippines Employment & Recruitment Agencies, Philippines Phone Codes & Area Codes, Ilocos Region, CALABARZON, Camiguin, Bicol Region, NCR. Leyte, Davao, MIMAROPA, Aklan, Guimaras, Central Luzon, Hiking Philippines, Bohol, Bacolod, Sagada, Negros Oriental, Jeepney Philippines, Dumaguete, Diving Philippines, Cebu, Baguio, Auto Racing Philippines, Cars Philippines, Golf Philippines, Siargao, Whales Philippines, Guimaras, Ormoc, Siquijor, Whales Philippines


IslandsPhilippines.com is For Sale - Make an Offer Today!

Islands Philippines - About Islands Philippines - Destinations Philippines - Islands Philippines Advertising

While we strive to present information as accurately as possible,
We are not responsible for any mistakes in information materials, written or any other kind.
All Rights Reserved. Islands Philippines © Copyright - Saturday 02nd of July 2022 05:36:45 PM